Sunday, January 8, 2012

A fun weekend!

So this weekend was going to be an easy going weekend with two cakes....
pretty easy to make....no problem!! 
I got a call Thursday from one of my favorite "customers" asking for a tiered cake, Marti Gras style!
 How could I say NO!!!! 
When she orders a cake, she thinks BIG!!!
 I love that about her!!!
 She test my ability every time too! 
But that is how I learn the best!!!
My weekend got a little crazy after that!! It's all my fault! 
I have horrible time management skills! I think I have plenty of time...then BLAM it hits me that I don't!!!!
I had so much fun with this Marti Gras cake! 
How could you not! The colors are fun....the designs...the elements!!
 I love it all!!
 So here is one of my cakes I made this weekend!!
The color is so bad tho.....I need to learn how to use my camera!!!
I made the mask myself too!!! Out of fondant and royal icing!!!
~~~~~~
I also had my first Toy Story cake!! I love this bunch of movies!!! 
This cake was so fun to make!!!
 I had to run to the next town to find the toys for the top...
but the look on little Connor's face was so worth it!!!
~~~~~~~
The best part of all this is the reaction you get when someone see's what you've made them!
I really love trying to put personal touches in my work!! 
I love meeting up with the person ordering and getting a feel for them!! 
I have meet some really wonderful people doing cakes/cookies....
Like Theresa!!! 
She has two beautiful little girls!!! 
I have had the pleasure of making cookies, cupcakes and cakes for the family!! 
I made some special birthday cookies for her oldest daughter, and this weekend I made a cake for the youngest!!!  She just turned two! 
This cake was for her!! She loves Dora!!!

So that was my weekend!! Im not done yet! 
 I have some cookies and mini cupcakes to make tomorrow!!
I'll be back to share those too!!

~HUGS~

No comments:

Post a Comment